Dr Xiaojun Zhai is a Senior Lecturer in Department of Computer Science and Electronic Engineering at the University of Essex, Essex, UK. His research interest primarily focuses on the fields of high performance reconfigurable computing using Field Programmable Gate Arrays (FPGAs). He is a Senior Member of IEEE, Fellow of High Education Association (FHEA) and a member of British Computer Science (MBCS).
Core Research Interests:
- Embedded Systems and System-on-Chip (SoC) design, for increasing security, power, performance and reliability
- Advanced embedded processor architectures targeted for automotive/industrial, robotics, image processing, sensor network nodes and other real-time critical applications
- High-performance data and image processing in heterogeneous embedded systems
- Hardware acceleration of computationally intensive DSP algorithms using FPGAs
Our research teams:
- For RA posts, see University of Essex vacancies.
- For Funded PhD Studentships, if you are an excellent and hard working student, please send (a) your CV, (b) transcripts of your grades, (c) copies of papers you have published, (d) a project proposal linked to my research projects and interests and (e) the name of two referees, to xzhai at essex.ac.uk
Please visit our research projects page for details of the news.
- 06/2023：Our paper has been accepted by FPL2023: FPL-23-EDGE.
- 06/2023: Our paper has been accepted by IEEE Transactions on Neural Systems and Rehabilitation Engineering: Time series Siamese GAN.
- 05/2023: I have recieved Mid-Career Researcher Award from the University of Essex.
- 04/2023: Conguratudations! Yucheng Wang has passed his PhD viva examination.
- 04/2023: Two papers have been accepted in NEWCAS2023: EDGE and APPControl.
- 03/2023: I have been invited to give a research seminar at the University of Leicester.
- 09/2022: I have been invited to give a talk about my EPSRC NIA at the Kingston University London.
- 09/2022: Conguratudations! Yufan Lu has passed his PhD viva examination.
- 08/2022: We won an EPSRC New Horizon grant in partnership with the University of Exeter.
- 08/2022: Our submission “FPGA-based Dynamic Deep Learning Acceleration for Real-time Video Analytics” has been accepted in ARCS 2022
- 07/2022: Two papers were accpeted in ICAC-22: Deep Learning on FPGAs with Multiple Service Levels for Edge Computing and Kalman Filter based Approach for Markerless Pose Tracking and Assessment