Dr Xiaojun Zhai is a Lecturer in Department of Computer Science and Electronic Engineering at the University of Essex, Essex, UK. His research interest primarily focuses on the fields of high performance reconfigurable computing using Field Programmable Gate Arrays (FPGAs). He is a Senior Member of IEEE, Fellow of High Education Association (FHEA) and a member of British Computer Science (MBCS).
Core Research Interests:
- Embedded Systems and System-on-Chip (SoC) design, for increasing security, power, performance and reliability
- Advanced embedded processor architectures targeted for automotive/industrial, robotics, image processing, sensor network nodes and other real-time critical applications
- High-performance data and image processing in heterogeneous embedded systems
- Hardware acceleration of computationally intensive DSP algorithms using FPGAs
Our research teams:
- For RA posts, see University of Essex vacancies.
- For Funded PhD Studentships, if you are an excellent and hard working student, please send (a) your CV, (b) transcripts of your grades, (c) copies of papers you have published, (d) a project proposal linked to my research projects and interests and (e) the name of two referees, to xzhai at essex.ac.uk